Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Future Plans


This (above) is a distinct possibility in the near future for one of my next runs. You know, if I can get pass the whole "illegal to run on a highway" thing.


The route will take me 311.07 miles through 15 counties (Mercer, Venango, Butler, Clarion, Jefferson, Clearfield, Centre, Clinton, Union, Northumberland, Montour, Columbia, Luzerne, Carbon, and Monroe).


The plan is to take no more than 6 days to do this. Six days, 312 miles (slightly rounding) = 52 miles a day. 52. Can't get away from that number, can I?


The calls are in and I am trying to find out if I need to get a permit from the 5 districts that house those 15 counties or what needs to be done. Ideally, I would love to have a crew of 3 who could take a week off with me and enjoy a fun adventure. Even more ideally, one of those people would have access to, or know someone who would be willing to donate, a RV of some sort for a week. It wouldn't get many miles for the week and I promise to keep it nice and clean. :)
So, if you know someone who would be interested in helping out in one way or another, please feel free to contact me: danerunsalot@yahoo.com is the email.


When will this happen? My guess is the fall or early spring but it all depends on whether I can do so legally and whether I can find a willing crew. Will keep you posted!