I was asked to answer a few random questions about some races. So, here you go!
1. First Race ever:Do the Hershey Track and Field races count (in elementary school)? Or the 800 meter in high school? Or the 5k I did in law school?
2. Race with the hottest weather:Cayman Islands in 2006. 78 degrees with 100% humidty at 5am.
3. Race with the coldest weather:Varies. Temp was 12 in Beltsville, MD (GWB Marathon). But windchill is a toss-up between a few others
4. Race with the most rain:Nova Scotia Marathon in the tail end of Tropical Storm Beryl.
5. Race with the most "perfect" weather:Niagara Falls Marathon Oct 2006
6. Best-organized race:Drake Well Marathon
7. Worst-organized race:Orlando Xtreme Marathon
8. Flattest race with no hills:Drake Well Marathon
9. Race with the most hills:Leadville Marathon
10. Race with the best refreshments:JFK 50 miler. They had real food when you needed REAL FOOD.
11. Race with the worst refreshments:Hmm. A few to mention. None out weighing the other. Basically anythingwith Ultima. Can't stand the stuff.
12. Race you were most excited about beforehand:Drake Well Marathon
13. Most enjoyable race:Anyone I finish.
14. Least enjoyable race:Ones where controllable things are not controlled.
15. Race where you were in the most physical pain:Leadville Marathon. More or less because of the Estes Park Marathon before hand coupled with Leadville's difficulty
16. Race you are most proud of, and why: Presque Isle Endurance Classic. 84 miles in 12 hours.
17. Race you are least proud of, and why: Races where I leave anything on the table.
18. Fastest race you've run, considering the distance: Considering the distance? What the heck does that mean?
19. Race where you knew the most other people running it: Hmmm. So many to choose from I am unsure.
20. Race with the most runners: NYC Marathon
21. Smallest race with the fewest runners: Drake Well Marathon: 21 starters, 20 finishers.
22. Furthest race from your home: Dalian, China Marathon
23. Closest race to your home:Marine Corps Marathon. Mile 2 is at my doorstep.
24. Race with the best crowd support:NYC has most supporters. I still like MCM
25. Race with little or no crowd support:Many.
26. Race where you did much better than you expected:Niagara Falls Marathon. First sub-3.
27. Race where you did much worse than you expected:First marathon.
28. Race where your photos looked the best:Buffalo Marathon
29. Race where your photos looked the worst:Plenty.