Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sharing the love of running.

I have been fortunate to receive tons of emails and nice letters from many of my readers. I shared a funnier one earlier in a blog and had a good laugh. Well, I wanted to share some of the others that have reached my doorstep simply b/c these people took the time out of their day to actually pen these notes. And by that I mean, they actually hand wrote them. Think about the last time you hand wrote a note to someone. Been a while huh? well, pick a friend, write a letter and mail it to them. It will make their week. Much like these have below for me. Enjoy.


"It was a true pleasure to meet you. Your advice did help a lot as I did finish my first marathon. It is so amazing what you accomplished and I truly admire you for that."

-Jason in California



"I was excited about, and interested in, your 2006 adventure. I am of the opinion that ...most people just thought about the actual running. The running part was a great achievement, but the real story was the drama of scheduling events, getting there and getting back with the possibility of illness, a canceled flight or a missed connection rearing up and spoiling the whole effort."

-Karl in Florida


"In the summer of 2007 I suffered a pulmonary embolism. I was in the hospital for 7 days. My doctor said I would never regain my lung capacity. I was devastated.

After a few weeks, I tired to run and to my dismay the doctor was right. I startd walking and the incorporated jogging. I went from 13 minute miles to running 2 back to back half marathons at a 2:05 (9:30 pace). I am not as fast as I once was but I am running! My love and my passion is to run, run & run. So thank you so much for sharing so much of the same passions in your book. I loved it!"

-Eileen in California


"As this was susie's first run since the birth of (our daughter), she's pleased to share that she was only 2 minutes off of her PR!

the book is a ture joy to read with only one comment from this reader: you should have gone with the pink tiara. after all, you were wearing a tiara". [Referencing the Shamrock Marathon where I ran as part of Girls on the Run].
-Sebastian in California


There are so many more, but I wanted to just say thank you to all my readers. I truly hope many more get to share in my experience. It is one I get to relive in the eyes of those I tell every single time and I never tire of sharing my love of the sport with others.

1 comment:

klottey4 said...

You are absolutely correct that there is nothing better than a handwritten note. I write my Grandma once a month, and write countless thank you notes. In the day and age of instant email communication, it makes me feel good to send those off.

What lovely sentiments people sent you. Cherish them!