Thursday, July 29, 2010

Adding more to the Summer of Short Stuff

Even while I ready for a marathon personal best attempt this weekend, help put together the final touches on the Drake Well Marathon and Half in three weeks, I am still adding more races to my summer schedule.  As I put the finishing touches on my next book, I have gone back to research all the races as I have done in the past few years.  I noticed that I had done a grand total of 11 half marathons.  My half-marathon this weekend will be the 9th of the year.  The tenth?  America's Finest City Half Marathon in San Diego on August 15th.



I had such a great time working with the girls at runningskirts.com at the San Francisco Half Marathon last weekend, that I will be working with them again at the expo here where I will be doing a book signing both days.

After which I look forward to taking part in an event that sells out long before the actual race day year after year.  With a downhill start and a crushing uphill finish, I eagerly anticipate running with some of the world's best and doing my best not to get utterly smoked by them (even though it is probably going to happen anyway!)

If you have signed up, I am looking forward to seeing you there.  If you haven't, well, the race website already tells you that next year's race is on August 21, 2011.  I think that is a sure sign that you better register early!

No comments: