Wednesday, January 26, 2011

2011's Birthday Run- Vermont City Marathon

Each year, since 2008, I have run my age in years on (or close to) my birthday.  With a marathon scheduled last year the day prior to my birthday, I fudged my own rules as to when the miles could be run and did 34 miles on May 30th, the day prior to my birthday.   This year, I will fudge them an extra day just to make sure that I can have them coincide with my appearance at the Vermont City Marathon on May 29th. 

This marathon will mark my first time ever running a marathon in the Green Mountain State.  Actually it will be my first race of any kind in Vermont.  Actually actually, it will be the first time my feet ever will have been put down in Vermont.  What a great way to spend a birthday weekend!

As of right now I am not sure where the extra 9 miles of running will come to get me from the marathon distance to my 35 years.  I am sure I will come up with something interesting.  In the meantime, I am happy to be looking forward knocking off the 41st state in what should be my 132nd marathon.  

With my presentation on Saturday at the Sheraton Burlington’s Amphitheater I will be detailing and discussing not only my 52 Marathons in 52 Weekends but also my solo running of the 202 mile American Odyssey Relay.

Looking forward to seeing you all in Burlington on Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments: