Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Elora Geier Holiday Benefit Auction



I have mentioned Elora Geier here before but please allow me to reiterate.

One of the race competitors in the Drake Well Marathon, Dan Geier, had a simple request when I asked him what he wanted to be listed as: "Elora's Dad". I assumed he was simply a proud father. I was wrong.

In April 2006, Elora, Dan's daughter, lost her life after battling with Leukemia. To honor her life, Dan set up, Elorapalooza, a 5K Run/Walk on September 23, 2007. Raising funds in memory of Elora, the race distance was a favorite of Elora's who, in spite of always finishing long after the other runners crossed the finish line enjoyed the 5k.

Well the race was a large success and now Dan and his family are throwing a Holiday Benefit auction to benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and Elora’s HOPE Foundation. To learn more about this event and how you can be a part, just click above or email Dan and Leslie at geierhaus2000@yahoo.com.

Thanks so much for reading!

1 comment:

Yellow Scuba said...

I had the great pleasure of meeting Dan and his son, Tim (running his first marathon!), at the start of MCM last month. You couldn't miss them in their race shirts emblazened with Elora's name in bright pink. :) Two lovelier people couldn't be found. I was thrilled to bump into them during the race at Hains Point and at the end as well.

I hope a lot of people will be inspired to support Elora's HOPE. All the best to the Geiers. Thank you for letting us know about this, Dane.