Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Duel in the Sun video

As I nationtrot (I don't "globe"trot until two weeks from now) many things are hard to keep up with. The running is a little in the tubes during this month as my butt is in a carseat for 10 plus hours a day. Once I finally get to a hotel, it is email catch-up time and plan for the next day. As such, I have not had as much time to keep my readers entertained. Rest assured I have two reviews of books coming up for your reading pleasure.

In the meantime, my good friend Judith sent me this video. You may recall my review of Staying the Course, the about Dick Beardsley's life. I read that book after reading about the epic battle for the Boston Marathon in 1982 betwixt Beardsley and Alberto Salazar, called The Duel in the Sun.




Well, Judith has provided me with a link to the video of the thrilling last 9 or so minutes of that race.

VIEW IT HERE.

After picturing that last mile or so in my head many times while reading the book, it was exhilarating to see how it actually unfolded. Hope this tides you over for a bit.

No comments: