Thursday, April 8, 2010

Meet me in St. Louis

After a 50 mile DNF, a 50 mile win and course record and 100 mile dropped down a to a 50 mile (where I just found out yesterday I took 9th place overall in - not bad considering I debated the fourth lap for 35 minutes!) it is time for me to run another marathon.

So off to the Go!St. Louis Marathon I go to take part in the 115th marathon of my life.  I will also be the featured speaker at this race weekend and be signing books from 11 AM to 7 PM on Friday and from 10 AM to 7 PM on Saturday at the race expo.

I am also happy to announce that this will be the first expo where I will also have my new collectible posters available for signing as well.  Capturing the final strides of my current Marathon personal best, the poster encapsulates everything I love about this sport: camaraderie, happy crowds, runners of all speeds, and beautiful scenery.

This race will also survive as the final tune-up for my solo running of the American Odyssey Relay.  I have my crew set, a mascot joining me, a camera crew on board and just 202 miles of road in the way between me and officially retiring from running another step again for the rest of my ever-loving life.  OK, I am kidding about the last part. But with two weeks left until I am on my way on this epic journey you can imagine I am a mixture of anxiousness, nerves and a desire to get this baby going. 

But first up, the Go! St. Louis Marathon.  Hope to see you there!


Rebecca said...

Great poster!! Happy 115th!!

Jill said...

Met you today! You are a true inspiration for me to meet my own running goals such as running 500miles total between May 9 and August 23 and running my first full marathon this fall on October 3rd at the Lewis and Clark marathon in St.Charles, MO. Good luck this Sunday and I will let you know how I did on my half (as promised)

trailgurl said...

I wish I could have made it to the expo to meet you today. Lots of things going on in my life and family stuff had to prevail. Have a great marathon in my city. I hope to be able to get out and cheer you on as the race goes right past my street. I am really sad to miss my first St. Louis Marathon in 4 years. I promise you this is no easy course. Enjoy it!

-Carol King...and my mom says hi from the nursing home

Mike Kahn said...

Hey Dane..

Have a good taper for your double century run!! I will look for you in Duluth if you make it to Grandma's Marathon.. until then I am off to my first Boston. Thanks for inspiring others along the way.