Monday, December 3, 2012

Scouting 13.1 Los Angeles

Anytime you can go to Los Angeles in December is a good thing.  When you combine it with running the course for the Allstate Life Insurance 13.1 Marathon® Series race in Los Angeles it gets even better.

In addition to me running the course and describing how to take it on (as I previously have done in both Atlanta and Dallas) the 13.1 people have put together a Thursday morning (12.06) 3-mile Run with Dane.

Beginning at the base Manhattan Beach Pier where it intersects The Strand at Manhattan Beach Blvd, we will jaunt southward past Hermosa Beach Pier along the Strand before turning around and heading back to where we began.

This is a "Get Fit" training run for runners of all abilities as they get in the swing for the 13.1 Los Angeles race held on January 13th. Promoting fitness, proper nutrition, and combating obesity will be the themes of the day and I hope to take as many people as possible on this trek. We will meet at 6:50 a.m. for a chat and a stretch before heading out!

Later on that morning, I will take my running shoes out again as I tackle the course itself, to get a feel for exactly what runners will be facing in just about a month. Traversing the whole course, I will start in Venice, skirt around Marina Del Ray, shoot past Dockweller beach State Park before turning around in El Segundo.

Make sure to tune back here in about a week when I present all the details gleaned from that run!

No comments: