Tuesday, September 23, 2008

San Francisco One Day

**Addendum: Due to a registration snafu, I had to change my entry to the 12 Hour Race, regrettably.**

When I mentioned in an earlier blog that I was in the middle of 8 straight weekends of racing, some astute readers took note that my schedule did not list anything for the last weekend in October.(Although some people, and yes, Mr. Roeder I am looking at you, made some scarily accurate predictions on races I had thought about doing!)

Well, let it be now known I will be taking part in the San Francisco One Day 24-hour race taking place on October 25th-26th.

After my initial attempt at a 24 Hour race went down in flames at UltraCentric last year, I am looking forward to taking part in another one of these damnable things. Although this time, with a marathon in Santa Clarita the weekend after, I will go out with a much more manageable race goal. Maybe.

Regardless, I will be running under the ROAD ID name to help spread the word about this stupendous product. In fact, if you click on the image below, proceeds of your purchase go to L'Arche Mobile. (Yep, I am still collecting money for those wonderful people in Mobile!)




Now the course for this race is a loop of 1.067 miles around the lagoon at Crissy Field with spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Angel Island, Alcatraz and the San Francisco Bay. Which means, starting 9 AM on October 25th, if you want to know where to find me for the next 24 straight hours, I will be somewhere on that loop.

I already have some wonderful friends lined up to come down and cheer me on but I would love it if more of you headed down to the field throughout the day to help keep my spirits up. So, if you live in the area, please check me out.

7 comments:

Bryon Powell said...

Damn, I'll be in California the weekend prior to your race. Best of luck with the 24 hours. I, for one, have no desire to be out there for more than 24 hours unless it's at Hardrock.

Dane said...

Hardrock. Oy. They might have to PAY me to do that beast!

Texas Transplant said...

Wait... it's not a relay? You are going to run 1 one mile loop for 24 hours straight? Just you? How many one mile loops can you fit into a 24 hour period Dane? Infinity?

Dane said...

TT,

No relay. Just me. I hope to get over 120 loops in. Want to come count? :)

klottey4 said...

Good luck! May the second time be a charm.

Yellow Scuba said...

You won't have your seemingly cursed crew, so I'm sure you'll do fine! You should see if Nattu is going to be there (he lives in SF now). Good luck! I hope this one goes perfectly.

Dane said...

Klottey,

Well it will be now ,since I am cutting the distance in half!

Scuba,

Nattu will be ehtere and I hope he kicks butt!