Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mississippi Blues Marathon

Well, it won't take me long to kick off 2009's marathon schedule! On January 3rd I will be taking part in the 2nd Annual Mississippi Blues Marathon in Jackson Mississippi.


With a mission of being committed to a healthier Mississippi, it is hard not to get behind the Miss Blues Marathon. In 2008, Mississippi ranked as the most obese state in the union for the 3rd consecutive year. Hopefully, with the help of the title sponsor of Blue Cross/Blue Shield, this marathon can begin the push towards making obesity a thing of the past.

The course promises to be challenging and I think that is just fine. Nothing wrong with a little difficulty added to a race. You burn more calories that way! And with race weather predicted to be in the 50s, you know I will be a happy camper!

In addition, I will be at the expo selling copies of my book, See Dane Run. So if you are in the area and wish to have an autographed copy, come on down!

No comments: