Monday, August 24, 2009

Long Beach International City Bank Marathon

As fall rapidly approaches (really?!), the marathon schedule begins to fill! Over the next few days I will be mentioning the races that I will be running or presenting at as they are confirmed. First off, I will be spending mid-October in beautiful Southern California as I will be presenting and running at the Long Beach International City Bank Marathon.

I never thought the day would come where things celebrating their 25th anniversary would be 8 years younger than me.

Celebrating its 25th year, the race has asked me to be a presenter at its Health and Fitness expo. With a race course as unbelievably flat and fast as this, (winning times are often in the 2:TEEN range!) I could not pass up. I mean, look at this elevation profile!

Gotta love the comparison to Boston!

Helmed by Bob Seagren, one of America's greatest pole vaulters ever, the Long Beach Marathon is sure to be a treat for all as we run up and down the Pacific Shoreline come this October.

I hope to see you there!



No comments: